We also may use third parties for various services related to the Online Services, including customer support, technical support and email fulfillment. When you sign up to receive a newsletter, we may share your personal information as necessary for third parties to provide services on our behalf.
You may choose to voluntarily provide us with various personal information and non-personal information through your use of the Online Services. We also may use "cookies" and similar technologies to collect certain other information from you in connection with your use of the Online Services, such as the pages you visit and the features you use. Our cookies are linked to personal information. For more information, please consult the section on cookies.
3. WHAT PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
Personal information is information that identifies you and that may be used to contact you online or offline. The Company collects personal information from you on a voluntary basis. When you submit personal information to the Company, it will usually take the form of:
● Registration for Online Services, websites, forums and application;
● Subscribing to newsletters;
● Purchasing a product or services through our web-sites or application;
● Using "tell a friend" or other social network services features;
● Requesting a Call-back;
● Using online chat;
● Requesting technical support;
● Requesting Online Service account creation via e-mail.
● Otherwise through use of our Services and through the use of our Online Services where personal information is required for use and/or participation.
The types of information collected in connection with the activities listed above will vary depending on the activity. The information we collect may include personal information such as your first and/or last name, e-mail address, phone number, mailing address, English knowledge level, country of living, geolocation or payment information. In addition, we may collect your age, date of birth, zip code, hardware configuration, survey data, IP address, browser, device and the systems you have used, time of the user's access to website. We may combine the information with your personal information and across other computers or devices that you may use. 4. SPECIAL NOTES ABOUT CERTAIN INFORMATION THE COMPANY COLLECTS
E-mail Correspondence and chat: We may provide e-mail addresses, chat or other forms to which visitors can send us questions or comments, or which visitors can use to request customer support. In the process of receiving and responding to such requests, we may collect personal information about you, such as your e-mail address or any other personal data contained in the body of your e-mail or chat message. By allowing you to send us these requests, we are not attempting to solicit personal information from you. We only use the information for the purpose of responding to your questions and/or comments or to provide customer support. In most cases, your message is deleted immediately after we've resolved your inquiry; however, in some instances, copies of your requests may be kept on file for our records, for quality control purposes, or to provide ongoing support services you have requested. If we have actual knowledge that the person with whom we're communicating is a child under the age of eighteen, we delete the child's e-mail address and message immediately after responding.
In addition to responding to your email correspondence or chat messages and sending you information you have requested via our email lists, we send activation emails and other transactional emails to your e-mail address as necessary. You may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account.
5. WHAT HAPPENS IF I REFUSE TO PROVIDE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
● Cookies: A "cookie" is a small bit of record-keeping information that websites often store on a user's computer. Our cookies are typically used to quickly identify a user's computer, browser, or device and to "remember" things about prior visits (such as the user's use of various features on the service). You can disable cookies or set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent to your computer; however, disabling cookies may affect your ability to use certain Online Services. On your mobile device, you may adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
● Flash Cookies: We may also use flash cookies, also known as "shared objects," on our sites that employ Flash technology. Flash cookies are small files similar to browser cookies and are used to remember the site's settings to personalize the look and feel of the site. You can clear Flash cookies already on your device by setting the Flash local storage setting to zero. You may also prevent Flash cookies from being placed by adjusting your preferences in the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel at www.macromedia.com
● Internet Log Files: The Company may also keep track of IP addresses used to access its Online Services for various reasons. An IP address is a number that is used by a networked device and will identify your point of connection to the internet. Depending on your network configuration, it may also identify your computer, or other device. A MAC address or other device ID identifies one specific piece of hardware. These log files are tied to your personal information in certain circumstances, such as if you have linked your social net user account to Online Service accounts offered by the Company.
● Analytic Metrics Tools and Other Technologies: Other information that may be passively collected by the Company includes log files that record information about your service use, or website use, including website navigation and clicks in application. We also use these log file entries for our internal marketing, service design, technical support, and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve the Online Services we provide you.
8. WITH WHOM DOES THE COMPANY SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We may share your personal and other information with third parties in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose you or us to legal liability, including as required by law enforcement or other government officials. We also may share your personal and other information with third parties when we have reason to believe that a disclosure is necessary to address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users, or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, investigate, or enforce our policies, terms, and conditions, combat fraud and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on the Company. In addition, your personal and other information may be disclosed to a potential or actual successor or assign in connection with a proposed or consummated merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar event involving all or a portion of the Company, the Company's customer information may be transferred to our successor or assign. 9. WHEN THE COMPANY WILL ASK TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION
We may ask you for consent to collect or use your personal information for specific purposes, such as when we want to inform you by email about special offers. We also process your information in order to fulfil your requests, such as to complete transactions with you. We may also process your information in accordance with our policies or when required by law. We also process your information in accordance with law to support the interests of our business, operations, and services, such as to ensure the proper function, security, or integrity of our services.
10. HOW YOU CAN UNSUBSCRIBE FROM MAILINGS, CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT, OR REVIEW AND CORRECT YOUR DATA
If you are a user of an Online Service, you may use that services account settings to personalize, correct or delete your data.
If you do not want to receive certain communications such as newsletters or promotional offers, you may decline consent at the time your personal information is collected or later opt-out by using the methods listed below. In addition to the methods below, along with every promotional communication sent to you, the Company gives you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future promotional communications.
If for any reason you wish to unsubscribe to STARSBEANS.COM mailing lists please use corresponding function in the text of the mailing list.
If for any reason you wish to delete your STARSBEANS.COM account, please email [email protected]
, use online chat with our customer support, from the same email account, STARSBEANS.COM account or social network account you used to register in Online Services, include "Delete Account" in the subject field or use "Delete account" function in your STARSBEANS.COM account settings.
In addition to the above methods, you may be entitled to request to delete, restrict, correct, or receive a copy of the personal information collected about you. To the extent these rights apply in your country, they may be limited in some situations, for example where we are under a legal requirement to keep certain information. Should you wish to make a request, you may send an e-mail to [email protected]
. Please indicate your country of residence in your correspondence.
Data Retention: We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as needed to provide you services, or to administer our services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your personal information to provide you services, contact us via e-mail [email protected]
. If your account is inactive, we will maintain your account for the length of time for which we reasonably expect you to reengage with our services. After such period, we will delete personal information, including your email address and log-in credentials, and you may no longer be able to access your account. We will notify you before we delete your account information so that you have the opportunity to keep your account active. We may still retain some of your information in our files for a reasonable period of time to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreement, administer our services, comply with technical and legal requirements, and/or other constraints related to the security, integrity, and operation of our Online Services, after which we will take steps to delete or archive it.
In all cases for all Online Services, we will respond to your request for access to update, delete, or correct inaccuracies to your personal information within 30 days.
11. WHAT IS YOUR POLICY REGARDING LINKS TO OTHER SITES?
12. DO YOU COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
The Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years old (or older, if applicable law provides for different protections). If we become aware that a child has submitted information to the Company, we delete this information immediately. We encourage parents to instruct their children to never give out their real names, addresses, or phone numbers, without permission, when using the Internet.
13. WHAT SAFEGUARDS ARE USED TO PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
To protect your personal information, the Company follows generally accepted industry standards and maintains reasonable safeguards to attempt to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided. The Company has security measures in place designed to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Personal information collected by the Company is stored in secure operating environments that are not available to the public (e.g., locked rooms). To prevent unauthorized electronic access to personal information, the Company maintains information collected online behind a firewall-protected server. However, no system can be 100% secure and human errors occur, so there is the possibility that there could be unauthorized access to your information. By using our services, you assume this risk.
14. TRANSFER OF YOUR INFORMATION TO USA AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Information collected or received by the Company in connection with the Online Services is collected in, processed in, or transferred to USA and other countries that may not have equivalent data protection laws to the country where you reside. While your information is in another jurisdiction, it may be accessed by the courts, law enforcement, and national security authorities pursuant to the laws of those jurisdictions. If you are a consumer residing in the USA and European Union, the Company relies on Standard Contractual Clauses and/or consent of the individual to transfer personal information from the USA and European Economic Area (EEA) to non-EEA countries. By using our services, you expressly consent to such collection, transfer, and processing. Backup data and administrative data may also be stored on media or servers located in USA and other countries.
15. HOW DO I ASK A QUESTION OR FILE A COMPLAINT?
; If you are a STARSBEANS.COM Online Services user located in the USA and European Union, please indicate that in your email, letter, or phone call; you may also have the right to complain to an USA and EU data protection authority.